MUM’s Non-Event Fundraiser of the Year Progress Report
We Need Your Support!
As explained in our last newsletter and blog post, we are trying something different this year. Instead of our annual fall gala fundraiser we are having a MUM 2018 Non-Event Fundraiser this year!
We are already into the second week in October and still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $25,000 by October 20; thus this update, reminder, and appeal. Please help MUM help our clients—your neighbors—right here in Montgomery County.
Your generous financial contributions go directly to providing food, housing and utility assistance, and vital medical and prescription assistance for individuals and working families who struggle to make ends meet. Your support is the difference between:
- Children and families having some food on a daily basis instead of going hungry
- People staying in their homes instead of facing eviction and its family and life-destroying consequences
- Children, the elderly, families and individuals having heat this coming winter, protection from the elements or living in unhealthy conditions
- Running water, so vital and taken for granted for so many everyday activities including maintaining basic hygiene, cooking, cleaning and, most importantly, having water to drink
- Not being able to turn on lights at night, necessary appliances and devices and having the security of knowing they don’t have to live in the dark and they have a way to communicate with family, friends, and the outside world
- Failing health due to lack of medicine for themselves and their children
You see, YOU really are their lifeline! MUM is the conduit to help earnest people who are genuinely struggling to stay above the line of despair, hopelessness, and failure. YOUR contribution helps keep families together and off the streets.
Giving to MUM is easy. Here is how to donate:
You can donate to MUM:
- A one-time contribution
- Annual contribution
- Or in any frequency YOU choose
- Personal Checks
Ways to give:
Online: MUMHELP.ORG to donate and track our progress
Mail a check made payable to Mid-County United Ministries to:
Mid-County United Ministries
P.O. Box 1924
Silver Spring, Maryland 20915
Stop By! We invite you to come by our office, meet us, and learn more about how—with your support—we help our neighbors in need:
MUM Office Location
Westfield Wheaton South Building 7th floor
11002 Veirs Mill Road
Silver Spring, Md. 20902
Thank you in advance for helping us reach our $25,000 goal for our 2018 Non-Event Fundraiser of the Year! None of this happens without you!