Thank you to all our supporters who provided financial and in-kind contributions, volunteer power, and good wishes throughout 2021 and now look forward with us to the new year!
As we face the ongoing days of cold weather and the continuing pressure of the COVID pandemic, MUM continues to need all that support as we continue to serve neighbors in need.
Here’s some of what’s going on at MUM in these early days of 2022
- Our in-office choice food pantry continues to be closed due to COVID restrictions. Sunday Mobile Pantry (English | En Español) serves neighbors in need on the first through fourth Sunday of every month!
- MUM’s FY21 Annual Report has been mailed out and is now available here on our website. Take a look to review the many ways in which MUM works to support our community!
- Former Executive Director Dewey Reeves left MUM in mid-December 2021 to spend time with his family. We gratefully welcome long-time volunteer Andrew Arai as interim Executive Director, as we search for a new permanent Executive Director.
- For the month of February 2022, MUM will receive a $1 donation from each purchase of the $2.50 reusable Community Bag at the Giant Food store located at 2900 University Blvd. West in Wheaton. Please be sure to help protect the environment and support MUM!
- Appointments for assistance with eviction, utilities, and prescription drugs can be made by contacting the MUM office by telephone at 301-929-8675, by fax at 301-929-8234, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are thankful for the funds and gifts in kind that supporters have provided, helping our neighbors in need throughout the year, as well as gifts directed to families with young children through our Amazon Wish List.
- Grants and other assistance from Capital Area Food Bank, Manna Food Center, Stanley Foods, Inc., and Montgomery County have supported and continue to support MUM’s efforts.
- The past couple of years have challenged all of us in ways we could not have predicted, and that challenge continues in 2022! Thank you for continuing your support of MUM!