Please take a moment to take the Montgomery County Food Council Childhood Hunger Survey
Thank you to all our supporters who provided financial and in-kind contributions, volunteer power, and good wishes throughout 2020 and now look forward with us to the new year!
As we face the ongoing days of cold weather and the rising crisis of the COVID pandemic, MUM continues to need all that support as we continue to serve neighbors in need.
Here’s some of what’s going on at MUM in these early days of 2021
- Our in-office choice food pantry continues to be closed due to COVID restrictions. Our Sunday Mobile Pantry serves more neighbors than ever! Learn more: English or En español.
- Appointments for assistance with eviction, utilities, and prescription drugs can be made by contacting the MUM office by telephone at 301-929-8675, by fax at 301-929-8234, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our FY20 Annual Report has been prepared, mailed out, and is now available here on our website. Take a look to review the many ways in which MUM works to support our community! MUM regrets and apologizes for discrepancies in our mailing labels that resulted in misdirection of some annual reports. We will work to ensure that the error is not repeated.
- We are thankful for the funds that supporters have provided. Your support throughout 2020, and especially through our Fall Fundraiser, Thanksgiving Offering, Giving Tuesday and Year-End Giving, help our neighbors in need every day.
- Grants and other assistance from Capital Area Food Bank, Manna Food Center, Stanley Foods, Inc., and Montgomery County have supported and continue to support MUM’s efforts.
- FAsMarketplace in Wheaton is once again stepping up in recognition of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, with a virtual hair-cut-a-thon spanning January 11 to January 23 that benefits MUM.
The past year has challenged all of us in ways we could not have predicted, and that challenge continues in 2021! Thank you for continuing your support of MUM!