Please take a moment to take the Montgomery County Food Council Childhood Hunger Survey
Emergency Prescription Drugs Assistance
No one should have to choose between food and medicine. MUM can provide prescription assistance in emergency situations.
Emergency Prescription Drug Assistance
Often people on limited incomes must decide whether to use their money to pay for prescriptions, pay the rent, utilities, or buy food for their families. MUM can help clients get needed prescriptions in urgent, short-term situations. We can then refer clients to community agencies for long-term prescription needs. MUM gives financial assistance including seeking additional funding from other public agencies, to help those who cannot afford to pay for their prescription medications.
Qualifications for Emergency Prescription assistance:
- Recipients must be Montgomery County residents living in one of the following zip codes: 20906, 20902, 20853, 20895 and 20896
- Proof of residency is required; here are acceptable forms:
- Driver’s License with current address shown
- Utility bill in the name of the applicant with their current address shown
- Proof of income including:
- Pay stubs
- Child and/or alimony income
- Workers compensation
- Unemployment compensation
- Survivors benefits
- Social Security Income/Social Security Disability Income (SSI/SSDI)
- New prescriptions (no refills) must be presented
- Circumstances that created the need must be provided when applying
Note: Financial assistance, for any service, is limited to once every 12 months and three times in a lifetime.