Mid-County United Ministries

MUM Provides Emergency Food and Assistance to People in Crisis

MUM Provides Emergency Food and Assistance to People in Crisis


Help Us Reach Our $27,500 Goal!


MUM Non-Event Fundraiser

Help Us Reach our Goal!

It's our second annual "Non Event" Fundraiser! Last year, you helped us acheive our goal! MUM is asking you to once again, stay home, relax and donate to MUM. Help us reach our 2019 goal of $27,500 by October 26. Donate from the convenience of your home, office, local coffee shopt, park bench or anywhere comfortable for you to take a few minutes to give. No special outfit required!

Your Donation Matters!

Credit Card Badges

Eviction Prevention

Eviction Prevention

MUM Eviction Prevention Services

Sometimes people need short-term help paying the rent or utilities. MUM is there to help.

Eviction Prevention

Housing is a basic need for individuals and families. Often people on limited incomes are faced with the dilemma of whether to use their resources to pay the rent or buy food for their families. With the cooperation of other Montgomery County agencies, and as part of the Emergency Assistance Coalition, MUM provides financial assistance for rent to individuals and families who have suffered temporary financial setbacks.

Qualifications for Eviction Prevention assistance:

  • Recipients must be Montgomery County residents living in one of these zip codes: 20906, 20902, 20853, 20895 and 20896
  • Proof of residency is required; here are acceptable forms:
    • Driver’s License with current address shown
    • Utility bill in the name of the applicant with current address shown
  • Proof of income including:
    • Pay stubs
    • Child and/or alimony income
    • Workers compensation
    • Unemployment compensation
    • Pensions
    • Survivors benefits
    • Social Security Income/Social Security Disability Income (SSI/SSDI)
  • Past due rent/mortgage notification must be presented
  • Circumstances that created the need must be provided when applying
  • Montgomery County Health and Human Services (HHS) and/or Housing Opportunities Commission (HOC) must be contacted, and a referral obtained, before applying to MUM for past due bills over $300
  • Health and Human Services Information Line: 240-777-1245
  • Housing Opportunities Commission: 240-627-9400

Note: Financial assistance, for any service, is limited to once every 12 months and three times in a lifetime.

How To Apply

Apply Online (English Only)

Apply securely via our Client Intake Form. The form will be submitted directly to MUM, when completed.

Download Application Form

Download the required form here to speed up the submission and approval process.