Please take a moment to take the Montgomery County Food Council Childhood Hunger Survey
What a year this has been! Most of us are surely glad to see 2020 come to a close, as we say good-bye to a year that has been far from what we expected!
At MUM, however, as at home, we continue to count our blessings!
- We have, thanks to your ongoing support, been able to continue our service to neighbors in need even as COVID dominated the year. Although our choice pantry at the MUM office has been closed, our Sunday mobile pantries have continued and grown. We now provide food for many more families every week!
- We celebrated the retirement of “The Man From MUM,” former Executive Director Larry White, on zoom and wish him well following his years of dedicated service!
- We welcomed new Executive Director Dewey Reeves, who came on board on October 1, 2020! We were lucky to have a time of transition with our outgoing and incoming Executive Directors working together and look forward to Dewey’s ongoing leadership!
Of course, none of this could happen without your support! As we embrace the holiday season’s themes of love, joy, and peace, and continue to cope with a pandemic, it’s easy to get caught up in our own busyness and overlook opportunities to help others. This holiday giving season we hope that you will honor Larry, welcome Dewey, and allow MUM to continue its work through your donations. Here are some good reasons to donate before the end of December:
- We make it easy! Donate here
- Giving to MUM helps people right here in our community. Now more than ever, people are hungry, and faced with other life challenges, every day. The holidays can be especially tough on those with less. Your donation can help our neighbors in need of food assistance, eviction prevention, utility cutoff prevention and restoration, and prescription drug assistance.
- Your December donation can help those with less make it through the winter. As we move into the winter months, we’ll face colder weather and increased utility costs, on top of worsening pandemic conditions.
- Giving is good for you! Scientists say that we are “hardwired” to enjoy helping others. Research also suggests that giving can make us healthier, both physically and mentally. Each day the news and social media showcase stories of charity and goodwill. We are drawn to these stories because it feels good to witness compassion and kindness. It feels even better to be the source of that compassion and kindness.
MUM wishes everyone – our clients, our volunteers, and our generous sponsors, donors, and contributors – a warm, wonderful holiday season full of joy and happiness. Thank you for your consideration and year-end contribution that allows us to help our neighbors in need! Happy holidays from all of us at MUM!
Giving to MUM is easy. Here is how to donate